Monday, September 8, 2008

11 Days and Counting

On September 19 I'll be making the switch from "Keep Austin Weird" to "Keep Suwon Weird"! That's the day I'm leaving my dogs and husband to teach English in Suwon, Korea for a year. Those of you who know me will find this surprising, but will not be surprised. I plan to make the most of this adventure and will use this page to keep everyone updated on my adventures.
My family is coming this weekend from Dallas to say their final goodbyes. Almost everything from my closet has been dumped into two suitcases. I'm stocking up on items I've read that they don't have an abundance of in Korea (like deodorant). I'm awaiting a call from the Korean Consulate in Houston so I can schedule an in-person interview with an official there (and drive 3 hours each way to Houston and back) and get my passport stamped with a Visa.

3 comments:

~deanna said...

EXCITING! We are coming to Texas during the first week of October, but, as seems to be status quo for you & I, looks like we'll just miss crossing paths. I'm proud/excited that you're going to keep an "electronic diary" (is that better?) so we can all share in your journey!

Unknown said...

Good luck on your adventure!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Sorry I don't get to bid you farewell in person. Pack warm clothes and don't drink too much like I did!